In this first module, we're going to be a covering all the basics of leash-based reactivity as well as some prep for the course. You might be wondering if you'll be doing some heavy lifting this week, but nope. This is a theory-heavy week with some foundational exercises, and some management-creativity, plus an assessment of your dog.
- What is reactivity vs. aggression?
- Why does it happen?
- What does it look like?
- Chronic stress & data tracking
- Environmental management
- Tools & equipment
- Body language signals
- Triggers & currency
- Environments & management
- Reactivity Data Tracker (RDT)
- Gearing up
- Links to articles, studies, and videos to support your learning
By the end of this module you will have:
- A clear understanding of this behaviour challenge and dog body language basics
- Researched ways to better manage your dog's environment
- Set up a data tracking system for clarity
- Noted your dog's triggers, stress signals, and most challenging environments
You're all set! Get in there and get started.