Let's get back into the swing of things! This week, let's focus on putting all the pieces together and training an alternate behaviour PLUS some relaxation skills.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- teach your dog to bump your hand with their nose - a great disengagement tool!
- build your dog's impulse control skills into a Calm on Cue behaviour. This can take some time, so maybe 2min per day when your dog is already relaxed?
- continue to work towards a positive Conditioned Emotional Response (CER) when your dog is faced with a trigger at a safe distance
- continue playing the "Look at That" game (in the event of a CER) to help your dog engage/disengage from triggers at a safe distance
- submit video if you'd like feedback
- join the discussion with your questions!