In this first module, we're going to be a covering all the basics of home-alone issues as well as some prep for the course. You might be wondering if you'll be doing some heavy lifting this week, but nope. This is a theory-heavy week with some tech-setup, and some management-creativity, plus an assessment of your dog.
- What is Separation Anxiety / Isolation Distress?
- What does it look like?
- What have you tried?
- Using food toys
- Crating, confinement, or loose in the home?
- Aversive Tools
- Suspending Absences
- Finding your village
- Data Tracking
- Baseline Assessment
- Setting up your tech
By the end of this module you will have:
- a clear understanding of this behaviour challenge
- researched ways to suspend absences
- set up a data tracking system for clarity
- set up your tech to monitor your dog during training
- noted your PDQs and your dog's stress signals
- done a baseline assessment
You're all set! Get in there and get started.