The countdown is on!!
It important to do these three things and then have a very in-depth discussion about the important decisions you’ll be making in the days to come.
- Have your home set up and ready for your pup before you come in the door.
- Run your errands and do your grocery shopping before you pick up your puppy so that you can put the focus on them
- Charge your camera/smartphone/tablet. You’re going to want to capture EVERYTHING. Trust me.
- Where is the dog going to sleep?
- Where is the dog going to spend time when passively supervised?
- Where is the dog going to spend time when alone at home?
- Where is the dog going to eat/drink?
- Where is the dog going to potty?
- Will we use pee pads or turf in the interim for emergency pottying?
Everyone in the household needs to be on the same page before the puppy comes home.